7 DETOX SMOOTHIES
I made Shrimp with Mango & Basil. I served it with sesame wilted spinach and quinoa. Quinoa was kinda boring and overpriced, so I think I’ll be going back to cous-cous.
Love this idea, mostly because fresh herbs are crazy expensive and I never use them all up before they go bad: chop up your herbs and stick them into an ice cube tray, then cover with olive oil and freeze.
Toss a cube or two into your pan whenever you’re in need, and presto: fresh herbs, all winter long.
Reblogging for future reference.
Deep-Dish Chocolate Chip Cookie for One
Ingredients (1 serving)
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 Tbsp unrefined granulated sugar, such as evaporated cane juice
- 1/2 Tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp beaten egg, preferably organic (cover & chill remaining beaten egg for tomorrow’s cookie cup… you will be making another one!)
- tiny splash pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 Tbsp whole wheat pastry flour (can substitute with 3:1 of cake flour and all purpose flour)
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- tiny pinch salt
- heaping 1 Tbsp grain-sweetened chocolate chips, such as Sunspire
In a small ramekin or microwavable cup, combine softened butter and both sugars; stir well with a spoon. Stir in beaten egg and vanilla extract. Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
Microwave on high for 35-40 seconds. Let cookie rest at room temperature for about 10 seconds before devouring.
253.2 calories, 13.8 grams fat, 8.4 grams saturated fat, 2.9 grams fiber, 17.5 grams sugars, 2.4 grams protein